- New Creates a new empty Scid Database.
- Open Opens an existing Scid Database.
- Save Pgn Save this game as a PGN file.
- Close Closes the current Scid Database.
- Read-Only Makes the current database read-only.
- Finder Opens the File Finder.
- Bookmarks Show and edit Bookmarks.
- Switch to Base Switch between the nine available databases (including the Clipbase).
- Open Base as Tree
- Open Recent as Tree Open database in a tree window. The databases will be closed when the tree is closed.
- Exit Exit Scid.
- Setup Board Set a (non-standard) start position for the current game.
- Copy FEN Set the clipboard to the FEN representing current position.
- Copy PGN Set the clipboard to the game PGN.
- Paste FEN Set-up board according to FEN in clipboard.
- Paste PGN Import a game from PGN in clipboard.
- Empty Clipbase Clear the temporary database (Clipbase).
- Copy to Clipbase Copies the current game to the Clipbase database.
- Paste from Clipbase Pastes the active game of the Clipbase to be the active game of the current database.
- Strip Strips all comments or variations from the current game.
- Undo Undo changes to this game. The undo buffer holds 20 positions.
- Redo Redo changes.
- Add Variation Adds a new empty variation for the
next move, or for the previous move if there is no next move yet.
- Paste Variation Pastes the current text selection as a variation.
- Delete Variation Provides a submenu of variations for
the current move, so one can be deleted.
- Make First Variation Promotes a variation to be the
first variation of the current move.
- Promote Variation to Main line Promotes a variation
to be the main line, swapping it with its parent.
- Try Variation Enters trial mode for
testing a temporary variation without altering the current game.
- New Game Resets the active game to an empty state, discarding any unsaved changes.
- Replace Game Saves the current game, replacing it in the database.
- Add Game Save this game, adding one to the database.
- Set Game Info Set various detials about the current game.
- Browse Games Show a list of games in this database.
- Delete Game Mark as deleted (for removal during compaction).
- Reload this game Reloads the current game, discarding any changes made.
- Load First/Previous/Next/Last Game These load the first, previous, next or last game in the filter.
- Load Game Number Loads the game given its game number
in the current database.
- Identify opening Finds the deepest
position in the current game that is in the ECO file.
- Goto move number Goes to the specified move number in
the current game.
- Find novelty Finds the first move of the current game
that has not been played before.
- Reset Filter Resets the filter so all games are included.
- Negate filter Inverts the filter to only include games that were excluded.
- Filter to Last Move Make all games show the last move when loaded.
- General Searches by header information such as player names.
- Current board Searches for the current board position.
- Material/Pattern Searches by material or chessboard patterns.
- Move Find a certain move or move combination.
- Player Finder Search for a player name.
- Tournament Finder Search for a tournament by date or name.
- Load search file Searches using
settings from a SearchOptions file.
- Game Info Show/Hide the Game information window.
- Comment Editor Opens/closes the Comment Editor.
- Game List window Opens/closes the Game List.
- PGN window Opens/closes the PGN window.
- Crosstable Constructs a tournament crosstable for the current game.
- Player Finder Opens/closes the Player Finder window.
- Tournament Finder Opens/closes the Tournament Finder window.
- Maintenance window Opens/closes the Maintenance Window.
- ECO Browser Opens/closes the ECO Browser window.
- Statistics window Opens/closes the
Filter statistics window which gives a win/loss summary
of the games in the filter.
- Tree window Opens/closes the tree window.
- Tablebase window Opens/closes the endgame tablebase information.
- Book Window Opens/closes the Book window.
- Correspondence Window Opens/closes the Correspondence window.
- Analysis Engines Configure Analysis Engines.
- Analysis engine #1
- Analysis engine #2 Start/stops analysis engines,
displaying the evaluation of the current position.
- Maintenance Database maintenance functions.
- Maintenance window Opens/closes the database maintenance window.
- Name editor Replaces all occurrences of a player,
- Compact Database Perform database compaction.
- Sort Sort base by name, rating, etc.
- Spellcheck Search the spelling file for possible Name corrections.
- Delete twin games Finds twin games in the database.
event site or round name.
- Repair Base Repair broken database.
- Book Tuning For editing Polyglot books.
- Player report Generates an opening report.
- Opening report Generates an opening report for the current position.
- Piece Tracker Opens the piece tracker window.
- Email manager Opens/closes the email manager window, for managing email correspondence games.
- Connect Hardware ... Configure external hardware devices.
- Rel Filter Graph Ratings
- Abd Filter Graph Ratings Displays the filter graphs.
- Player Ratings Displays the rating graph.
- Score Graph Displays the score graph.
- Export current game Saves the current game to a text
file in PGN, HTML or LaTeX format. See the export help
- Export all filter games Saves all games in the
search filter to a text file in PGN, HTML or
LaTeX format. See the export help page.
- Import PGN text Opens the Import window
for entering a game by typing or pasting its text in
- Import PGN file Imports a whole file containing
games in PGN format to the current database. Note, that several PGN
files can be selected in this dialogue at once.
- Board Screenshot Save a screenshot of the board to a file.